Massage Therapy at Revolution in Northcote!
With Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Naturopathy, Nutrition and our Rehabilitation Studio offering Yoga, Pilates, Core and Rehab classes, you are basically getting everything you need at Revolution!
What Can Revolution Help With?
Our therapists can help you with but not limited to (ask us if you have any other issues as well):
- Lower back pain and sciatica
- Neck pain
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Achilles pain
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel
Book an appointment.
We would love to help you!
MASSAGE THERAPY TYPES AT REVOLUTION
Relaxation massage is exactly that. Intended to help you relax and more often than not nod off into a dream. Relaxation massage is gentle yet effective for relaxing your entire body and even your mind. This is a great massage if you have a lot going on up there.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage will help unlock the muscles deeper inside and get the layers of muscles gliding nicely across each other so they don't cause friction and pain. This is the type of massage you'd want if you get tight shoulders from your desk job.
Remedial & Therapeutic Massage
Remedial or Therapeutic massage is intended to help you recover from a specific problems such as 'Sciatica' or 'Neck pain'. Depending on the problem or injury you're experiencing, the pressure applied can be gentle and shallow or deep and strong.
Sports massage helps reduce the stress that builds up in muscles from repetitive movements and activity as well as activate the weaker muscles that are creating problems and imbalances all over the body which often leads to damage and injury.
Before & After Sports Competition Massage
Before a Sports competition, the specific techniques we use can greatly reduce risk of injury and also help your muscles activate optimally. After your sports competition we can help you speed up the process of muscle recovery through getting the lactic acid out of the muscles efficiently.
Our Massage Therapists
Sherrice has always found joy in helping others and interacting with people to learn more about their story. She believes that you can always learn something from anyone you meet. Her passion for the healthcare industry is illustrated as she currently studies a Bachelor of Health Science (Physiotherapy). Sherrice wants to have a holistic approach to massage therapy, believing that it involves more than just the physical side of things and would like to form meaningful relationships with clients.
Originally from Serbia, with over 14 years of massage experience, Lilly is sure to get you to your goals and beyond! She is passionate about helping people achieve function and wellness. Lilly also has an exercise background in Pilates & Yoga which helps her understand what people to get better even more.
Here are just a few types of massage Lilly is amazing at:
• Swedish Deep and Mindful Massage • Remedial Massage • Aroma Hot Stone Therapy • Bamboo Massage • Sport Massage • Thai Herbal Poultice •Ayurveda Massage • Trigger Point Therapy
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Improve recovery from short or long term injuries such as ligament or muscles sprains, strains, pulls etc.
- Recovery from short or long term musculoskeletal conditions such as sciatica, lower back pain, neck pain, headaches, hip, knee, shoulder pain and so on.
- Increase joint mobility and flexibility which also helps reduce stiffness.
- Reduce physical stress.
- Reduce mental stress which also helps reduce anxiety and depression.
- Improve rest and sleep.
- Improve physical and mental performance - by improving blood and oxygen circulation, your brain, organs and muscles will get more nutrients delivered to them therefore improving their activity and performance.
- Reduce muscle and nerve tension.
- Improve lymphatic circulation (waste system of the body).
- Improve blood and oxygen circulation (nutrient delivery to vital organs and other parts of the body).
- Massage reduces stress hormones and the sympathetic activity: The sympathetic nervous system is the fight or flight system designed to get you out of dangerous situations. In modern day living, we are mostly living in this system as everything is a matter of time, we are constantly stimulated by our work and home environments, as well as the news and media and smart devices. We have no choice but to keep pushing our minds and bodies to the limit. When you have too much activation of the sympathetic system, your heart rate increases, blood pressure increases, you feel unsafe, overwhelmed and stressed.
- Massage improves and enhances the parasympathetic activity: in contrary to above, the parasympathetic nervous system is down played and down regulated by our modern day living. The parasympathetic system makes us relaxed and focused, our heart rate lowers, blood pressure lowers and we feel safe. Massage therapy is a powerful way to tap into this system and improve your health and wellbeing and your quality of life.
Have your massage at Revolution and see the beneficial changes.
|*Discount packages available (enquire)|