If you’re like most people, at some point in life, you try to stick to habits and recommendations that you know would be good for you, but they just never happen. You tend to look down on yourself after and think of yourself as lazy. The truth is, if you’re not doing it, it probably just means that it’s not high enough on your priority list.
“Go to bed early? I’d rather scroll through Instagram for an hour and see what’s going on in the world”
“Go for a workout? I think I’ll postpone it and go home instead. I’m drained”
… Later on, you end up kicking yourself for it. And the cycle repeats itself.
“Why can’t I ever just stick to the $%@&!*# plan?” Well, for starters, probably because other plans don’t account for your life. They don’t offer sustainable, step-by-step that you can actually do in your real life… The kind of life actual human beings have.
So what can help you in your search for consistency? Support, care and accountability. There are 2 avenues you can take with this to ensure proper results.
I. Find accountability in a program that actually works.
The ideal program provides:
- A focus on all the things that are right with you, and all the strengths and skills you already have
- Results that lots of people have benefited from
- Personalization to your lifestyle so that you can keep the consistency even when you’re busy
- Solutions that you actually enjoy
- Lasting results… for life.
But how do you know if a program will keep you accountable? Here are a few things to look for:
- A plan that provides both structure and flexibility
- Customizable based on your skill levels, goals and time available
- Daily reminders to practice whichever lifestyle habit you’re working on
- Measuring your progress at regular intervals
II. Find a person you can make yourself accountable to and really cares.
As people, finding social support, whether it be from your friend, your spouse, your dog, your chiropractor, whatever – is crucial.
Don’t try to do it all alone.
Independence is great, but for something worth doing, you need a team of like-minded people that you can count on. Find one or more people who can support you, guide you, help you and give you the occasional loving kick in the ass when you need it.
The important thing is to make yourself accountable to somebody and get the help you need. With so much going on in boxing ring life, it helps to have a solid team in your corner.
Your Trusted Auckland Chiropractor
Contact Revolution Chiropractic – Leading Chiropractor Auckland
You can also book online here !