How can Chiropractic help pregnant women?
During pregnancy, there are several physiological and endocrinological changes that occur in preparation for creating the environment for the developing baby. The following changes can result in a misaligned spine or joints:
- Protruding abdomen and increased back curve
- Pelvic changes
- Postural adaptations
Establishing pelvic balance and alignment is another reason to obtain Chiropractic care during pregnancy. When the pelvis is misaligned it may reduce the amount of room available for the developing baby. This restriction is called intrauterine constraint. A misaligned pelvis may also make it difficult for the baby to get into the best possible position for delivery. Webster Technique is a specialized Chiropractic technique used to on pregnant women to restore normal function of the pelvis so the baby can get into the ideal position for birth.
Potential benefits of Chiropractic care during pregnancy include:
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Reducing the time of labour and delivery
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain
- Preventing a potential caesarean delivery