Endometriosis is a painful and chronic disorder. Endometriosis is a painful inflammatory disorder which affects 176 million girls and women worldwide in their reproductive years. It is a disorder in which tissue which is similar to the tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus is found in places outside of the uterus. Endometriosis is commonly found in your ovaries, fallopian tubes and the thin pelvis lining called the peritoneum.
Endometriosis can cause pain which can be severe at times, especially during menstrual periods.
Painful periods can be the first sign of endometriosis.
- Pelvic pain which can be severe.
- Bowel issues similar to irritable bowel syndromes symptoms.
- Pain during or after sexual intercourse.
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding (heavy periods or bleeding between periods)
- Pain with ovulation
- Low back pain
- Tiredness or fatigue is constant.
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Scars and lesions can develop in surrounding areas.
- Blood in urine.
- Painful bloating.
Stages of Endometriosis:
- Minimal- The implants are few in number, small and shallow.
- Mild-Stage two is milder than stage one, but the implants are deeper. There isn’t a lot of scarring or adhesions just yet.
- Moderate- Moderate-widespread infection that begins to infiltrate pelvic organs and side walls. Scarring and adhesions occur on occasion.
- Severe-infiltrative, affecting numerous pelvic organs and ovaries.
Endometriosis can affect any woman at any time in her life, but the following are at a higher risk:
- Women who are giving birth for the first time after the age of 30.
- First degree relatives affected by the disease include a mother, sister, or daughter.
- History of pelvic infection.
- Uterine abnormalities.
How can Chiropractic help with Endometriosis?
Chiropractic can help in the treatment of endometriosis as there is a strong relationship between the nervous system, spinal cord and the reproductive organs. Chiropractic care increases the function of the autonomic nervous system by clearing any interferences in the spine. The autonomic nervous system is responsible for controlling anything our body does subconsciously such as breathing, heart rate and digestion. Not only helping with nervous systems, Chiropractic care can also help relieve back pain or pelvis pain associated with endometriosis. Spinal misalignments affect your overall health and wellbeing. This occurs as any interferences in the communication between brain and body which can cause the body systems to not function as well as they could and should be functioning. Chiropractic adjustments help restore function by correcting misalignments. This allows for optimal function and better health.