Research has shown us not to let children use mobile phones, either as a toy or to talk on. Their skulls are thinner and smaller than an adults and they will absorb more radiation into their developing brain.
There are more informative links on cell phones and cancer, and also tips for safer cell phone use below.
Mobile phones and cancer in humans
- A 2014 study (published in the journal Pathophysiology) showed that the brain tumour risk was highest after 25 years of mobile phone use and after 15-20 years of cordless phone use.
Links to more studies are below:
- Mobile phone use and brain tumours in the CERENAT case-control study
- Decreased survival in patients with glioblastoma multiforme associated with use of mobile and cordless phones
- New ecological study on the penetration of cellular telecommunications subscriptions shows a clear association with the higher incidence of brain and nervous system tumours
- Cellular Phone Use and Risk of Benign and Malignant Parotid Gland Tumors
Radio-frequency (RF) radiation in the microwave range produced by cordless and mobile phones. Cordless phone bases and cell phone towers have been classified by the WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer as a “possible carcinogen” (type 2B).
Cellular phone use safety tips:
We realise that many people have jobs that require them to use a cellular phone in their day to day lives. While there is probably no way to make cellular phone use completely safe, there is information to help you reduce the risks of unavoidable cellular phone risk.
Ideally, cellular phone use should be minimised. The more cellular phones are used, the more cellular phone infrastructure is needed to support the phones use. Living close to cellular phone base stations has been associated with increased risk of cancer in several studies.
Mobile Phone use and Skeletal Alignment
If exposure to radiation and providing endless distraction isn’t enough… cell phone usage is responsible for yet another hazardous side effect! Text neck!
Chiropractors have observed that most people hunch over their mobile phones and developing neck and back strain, headaches, achy shoulders and even in their arms and hands.
If you are experiencing symptoms similar to the above and would like a professional opinion, then go see your chiropractor or feel free to contact Revolution Chiropractic.
You can also book online here.