BEDTIME STRETCHES: forward bend/rag doll (6/7)
A rag doll stretch will help to relax the neck, shoulders, back, hips, and hamstrings. I recommend it for everyone, but especially those who suffer from low back pain, since the stretch lengthens the hamstrings to relieve tension in the low back. It’s really important to keep a micro-bend in the knees to protect the hamstrings, and as always work within a pain-free range.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent.
- Place right hand on left elbow, left hand on right elbow.
- Bend over from hips, letting arms and head hang down.
- Hold this rag doll position for 8 to 10 breaths. Gently roll back up.
In addition to stretching the spine, ragdoll pose:
- Relieves stress and calms the mind
- Lengthens the spine
- Helps to drain the sinuses
- May ease lower back and neck pain
- Improves digestion.
Looking for a Chiropractor in Auckland?
Contact Revolution Chiropractic – Leading Sports Chiropractor Auckland
You can also book online here!
Rag doll stretch