Kids Development

Kids Development

Kids Development

What is a developmental delay or issue in a child?

A developmental delay or issue in a child can be both physical and mental. Physical deformity may also lead to functional developmental setbacks as well. An example of this is bowed legs. Kids can't be involved in physical exercise because they can't walk, run or jump. This may lead to future psychological and metal problems later in life too. This can be the same with all other parts of the body too

Mental developmental issues are just as significant too. Mental developmental issues can be in both learning and social situations. Both situations are crucial for a child’s development. Learning difficulties can delay a child’s ability to survive and can greatly affect a child’s confidence. Whilst social developmental issues can affect a child’s ability to make friends, communicate and interact with others in society. This can be extremely detrimental as human beings are designed to be successful when working together.

What attributes to kids developmental setbacks?

Multiple factors can bring lead to low back pain, including:

  • Overuse of technology
  • Genetics (eg. Autism, bowed legs)
  • Lack of attention
  • Physical and mental abuse

Why does chiropractic work so well for developmental delays or issues?

Structural chiropractic works great for physical and mental developmental delay issues because it helps set a good foundation for the body to develop from. The spine is the anchor of the body. This is due to two reasons; the spine can greatly affect the function of the nervous system and secondly it serves as an attachment for all the core muscle groups in the body. By establishing proper function of the spine at a young age, it allows your child’s nervous the best chance to operate properly. It also encourages proper development of muscles and extremity structures as there is a diminished amount of unnecessary stress in your child’s body.

Kids mental development may also stem from dysfunction of the nervous system too. There are two states in the nervous system; parasympathetic and sympathetic. Parasympathetic is then the body is a friendly, unstressed, rest and digest mode. While sympathetic is the opposite where the body is constantly in unease, stressed and fighting for survival. The human body is designed to be in the parasympathetic mode 80% of the time and the remaining 20% in the sympathetic mode. However, when the child is going through mental developmental, the state of the nervous system will be unbalanced.

For example, if the sympathetic nervous system is out of ratio compared to parasympathetic, it may lead to difficulty anxiety and depression. This can definitely effect your child’s ability to communicate and interact with other people in society. This is where chiropractic can help, Chiropractic works with the nervous system through the spine. By adjusting the spine, we can help restore the balance of the nervous system which may gradually assist in improving mental and psychological developmental issues.