How can Chiropractic help babies and kids?
Chiropractic care for children (and adults) is very gentle and precise and it is a powerful way for parents to help their child heal naturally.
The general population have a very false idea about what Chiropractic is and what Chiropractors do. Many people think that Chiropractic is all about cracking the bones and usually find it very odd that Chiropractors treat babies but this perception is completely wrong. There is no cracking or manipulation of the spine in babies and a wide range of techniques can be used for older children.
A growing percentage of the population is using Chiropractic care from birth and throughout life for a wide variety of health challenges and for preservation of health.
Your baby is born with a very smart and self sufficient nervous system and their nervous system, just like everybody else’s, controls and coordinates everything in their little bodies, including development and healing. Making sure their nervous system is working optimally, means that your baby’s brain and body is much more connected and at ease.
Benefits of Chiropractic care for babies and kids:
- Encourages good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
- Supports overall health and well being.
- Helps strengthen immunity and potentially reduce the incidence of colds, ear-aches and general illness.
- Assists with colic and Irritable Baby Syndrome.
- Helps with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies.
- Encourages good spinal posture.
- Helps improve concentration.
- Assists with behavioural disorders.
- Helps alleviate digestive problems.
- Assists with bed-wetting and sleep issues.
Check out the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association website and the articles below for some great information.
- Why Chiropractic for Children
- What can Chiropractic do for your children?
- Midwives advocate Chiropractic care