Chiropractic is so much more than ‘cracking’ backs!
Contrary to what most people think, Chiropractic care is not just for neck and back pain. I suppose when we become sick, we don’t tend to say, “I think my nervous system needs fixing.” Although, this can exactly the case. To apprehend how powerful chiropractic care can be, an understanding of the importance of the nervous system is crucial.
The nervous system is so vital and central to controlling functioning of our bodies. Without it, our hearts would stop beating, our lungs will collapse and the body will be at a halt.
The two main parts of the nervous system are the brain and the spinal cord. Without the brain, we would not be able to give commands out to other areas in our body (eg limbs and organs.) And we would not be able to receive, process and interpret messages from the rest of the body. The spinal cord acts as the main pathway that delivers the messages from the brain to the rest of the body and vice versa. If we think about it, the spinal cord is just like the main highway and the messages from the brain leave the main highway to different parts of the body. The nervous system is what powers and governs the body. Without it, our bodies would not be able to function.
The Spinal Cord
So how does this relate to the spine? Well like we just mentioned above, the nervous system consists of two main parts; the brain and the spinal cord. It’s common knowledge that the skull protects the brain and spine protects the spinal cord. This means that the spine and the spinal cord have a very close relationship with each other. Sometimes life’s physical (repetitive movements, staying in one position too long, etc.) and mental (financial, relationships, anxiety, etc.) stressors can alter the spinal structure. This alteration in the structure will act as a roadblock for the nervous system in the spine. This is why achieving the best functioning spinal structure, is our goal at Revolution Chiropractic. We know that by having a healthy spine and good structure, we minimise musculoskeletal problems as well as maintaining a healthy nervous system.
So there you have it, Chiropractic is so much more than just pain. Only 10% or the nerves that run through the spine are related to back and neck pain. The other 90% is all about the information from the brain to and from the rest of the body. Hopefully, you are now aware that the nervous system governs every part of the body and how a healthy, well-structured spine is central to improving the brain-body connection.
Keeping your Nervous System at its optimum state
Chiropractic care helps keep the nervous system healthy. When your spine is misaligned, the messages that are carried through the spine aren’t firing properly, throwing the body out of whack. This can wreck havoc on daily life but also increase chances of developing various diseases later down the line. Having regular visits with your chiropractor can assist you in maintaining a healthy functioning nervous system and thus – healthier brain and body!
For treatment and a check up you can visit our Revolution Chiropractic and wellness clinic in Auckland, North Shore.
Contact Revolution Chiropractic – Leading Chiropractor Auckland
You can also book online here !