Giving birth takes an incredible amount of physical effort… so be prepared!
We’re going to share some exercises for all you mothers to be that won’t only help with your pregnancy, but also give you more energy, better sleep, less back pain and overall a much more pleasant pregnancy experience.
It’s best to consult with your GP or Structural Chiropractor about whether these exercises would be appropriate for your individual situation. Please discontinue any exercise if you begin to have any unusual vaginal discharge, dizziness or chest/abdominal pain.
It’s a good idea to build up slowly if you were not regularly exercising before your pregnancy. Listen to your body and ensure that you’re fuelling your body with more nutrients, water and plenty of rest.
High intensity exercise is NOT recommended, as it is associated with distressing the foetus. Aim for 15-20 minutes of moderate intensity or 45 minutes of low intensity exercise at a time. Walking, aqua aerobics, Pilates and yoga are all wonderful exercise options to take up when pregnant.
Here are 3 basic exercises for you to try at home:
- On all fours, arch your back up to the ceiling then relax to a flat back position.
- Breathe through the movement.
- Glute Bridge
- On your back with your knees bent, lift your buttock off the floor as high as your comfortably can
- Hold for 5 seconds then gently lower it down
- On all fours slowly lift and straighten one leg.
- Lower it slowly.
- Then raise the other leg.
- Repeat 10 times. If you’re feeling strong, raise the opposite arm at the same time.
Give these a try and prosper from an amazing pregnancy! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail us. Information can be found on our website: https://revolutionchiro.co.nz
Looking for a Chiropractor in Auckland?