🍑 The sciatic nerve runs from the sacrum (tailbone) down the back of the leg to the foot. Sciatica is the diagnosis given when this nerve is irritated, causing pain in the lower back and the leg. It can be irritated in a number of ways so make sure you have a professional assess you!
⚡️Fortunately the majority of people will recover without surgery. Correcting the structural imbalances that led you to developing sciatica is important in reducing your risk of re-injury and enhancing your recovery.
1. Lay on your back with knees bent and feet on the floor.
2. Pull one knee toward the chest (start with the pain free side), keep your foot flexed so the toes point towards you.
3. Slowly straighten your leg and keep your toes pointed toward the ceiling.
4. Return to the start poison and repeat 10-15 times.
5. Now do this for the affected leg.
🍑 Do this movement through a PAIN-FREE range of motion. This may be very tight and difficult at first. Pushing too hard too soon may flare up your symptoms. You may find some days are better than others so persevere.